Car rental is one of the best ways to get around Qatar if you’re a tourist. Whether your visit is for business or leisure, car rentals can be a lifesaver. Renting a car adds flexibility, convenience, and safety to your visit to Qatar. However, you may be faced with a dilemma – How long should you rent a car in Qatar? The debate about long-term vs short-term car rental in Qatar has confused tourists for many years. Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of both so you can make a more informed decision about car rentals in Qatar.
Long-term Car Rental in Qatar
Most working professionals who visit Qatar for a few months prefer long-term car rentals. Apart from this, there are many more benefits you can avail of when you rent a car in Qatar for the long term.
- Car rental company in Qatar offer long-term car rental with flexible & non-binding car rental agreement, like Challenger Rent a Car & Limousine is best choice. This means you are free to exit the agreement even before the completion of its term. This makes long-term car rental a hassle-free option.
- Most long-term car rental agreements in Qatar come with customer support and guidance. Whether you have a flat tire or a busted engine, car rental companies like Challenger Rent a Car & Limousine can offer long-term clients quick roadside assistance.
- Finally, renting a car for the long-term saves you some money. Instead of paying for the rented car daily, you can pay monthly, which reduces the overall cost greatly.
- It can sometimes be costlier than simply leasing a vehicle.
- It usually offers less variety in choice than leasing vehicles.
- To rent a car in Qatar for the long term, there is an age restriction (21 years).
Short-term Car Rental in Qatar
On the other hand, if you are a tourist visiting for a few days of sightseeing, then a short-term car rental in Qatar is the best option. Here are the pros and cons of short-term car rental in Qatar.
- You can sometimes save on costs because you may not need a vehicle on all days of the week. With short-term car rentals in Qatar, you can choose any specific day of the week to rent your car. This means you do not have to pay for the rented car for all days of the week regardless of whether you use it.
- In most cases, short-term car rentals offer a wider variety of vehicles for you to choose from. When hiring a car in Qatar for the short-term you may even have access to newly purchased fleets of vehicles for hire.
- Some car rental operators in Qatar may charge you for additional maintenance and repair for the car you have rented for the long term. However, with short-term rentals, you need not worry about maintenance and repair costs.
- In case of damages to the vehicle, you will have to compensate for those unless you can prove that the damage existed before you rented it.
- You may not always get the vehicle you are looking for or are comfortable driving.
- Driving for just a short term in an unfamiliar vehicle can take some time to get used to.
Given the wide range of pros and cons of both long-term and short-term car rentals, you may now find it easier to make a decision. Regardless of whether you opt for long-term or short-term car rental, Challenger Rent a Car & Limousine provides you with both options.